Chewy stem ginger biscuits!
At Nutrition and Cake we love biscuits, and it is fair to say that Elysia is a lover of a ginger biscuit. Ginger biscuits are often under rated but they are a classic! A true British biscuit, that we wanted to create ourselves.
We have created a chewy stem ginger biscuit recipe that is packed with warming ginger and delicious sweetness. Combined with oats and rich sticky treacle, these biscuits will have you coming back for more!
These biscuits are made using all vegan and dairy free ingredients. They take no time at all to make, and easy for all levels of baking abilities. Why not get the children or grandchildren involved! Beware of sticky fingers.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the recipe.
Recipe makes 20 biscuits
- 150g plain flour
- 60g dark brown sugar
- 120g rolled oats
- 1tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dairy free spread
- 1tbsp. dark treacle
- 4 balls of stem ginger
- 2tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 180C fan assisted (gas mark 4)
- Put plain flour, dark brown sugar, rolled oats, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a bowl and mix together.
- In a saucepan heat the dairy free spread and treacle until well combined.
- Once combined, add in your dry mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Grate in your stem ginger, carefully, and mix together.
- Form into 20 balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Gently flatten down each ball, not too hard as they will flatten when baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes then leave to cool on a wire rack before eating!
Remember, if you make any of our recipes be sure to tag us @nutritionandcake on Instagram and share with friends and family!