Taking inspiration from our personal favourite take-away cookie at Pret-a-manger, we created a gooey almond and raspberry chocolate cookie recipe. They are big and bold and guaranteed to fill your little tummies with joy.
What more could you ask for?
These are large cookies that are great for an afternoon snack. They have ground almond in them which provide an incredible texture, and large chunks of dark chocolate for optimal creaminess. The added flakes of sea salt really make these cookies stand out, so try not to miss it out in your ingredients. If you really want to change it up you can try an alternative flavour of chocolate!
Recipe makes 4 large cookies, double quantities for more 🙂 We like our cookies super fresh so always make in small batches but feel free to make more!
- 20g Light brown granulated sugar
- 60g Dark brown sugar
- 20g Ground almonds
- 56g Dark chocolate pieces (we use raspberry dark chocolate crushed into small chunks)
- 102g Plain Flour
- 10g Cacao Powder
- ¼ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 32g Coconut oil (melted)
- 36g Almond butter
- 46g Dark Treacle
- 30g Water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C fan assisted oven (gas mark 4)
- Place light brown granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, pinch of salt, ground almonds, dark chocolate pieces, sieved plain flour and cacao powder, bicarbonate of soda into large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil in pan at low heat, then once melted remove from heat. Add to this the almond butter, treacle and water until fully combined.
- Now add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Once formed into a dough make 4 large balls and flatten into cookie shapes on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Edges should be slightly hard with a softer centre; they will harden up once removed from the oven.
- Wait for approximately 15minutes to fully set, then eat with pleasure!
A Cuppa Tea is Always a Good Idea!
If you recreate these delicious recipe, please tag us @nutritionandcake so we can see your creations!!