These mini caramel crumbles are an absolute delight! The perfect size for a little snack or pick me up, made from all vegan ingredients and no cooking involved. This recipe makes 14 bite sized pieces so do double up the recipe if you would like more.
To make the recipe a little easier, see the following pictures to give you an idea of what your mini caramel crumbles should look like!
For the crumb:
- 50g (1/3 cup) – Cashews
- 50g (1/2 cup) – Oats
- 1tbsp. – Almond butter
- 2tbsp. – Maple Syrup
For the caramel:
- 150g (1 cup) – Medjool dates (if using other dates, soak them in hot water for roughly 10 minutes and discard the water before blending)
- 1 heaped tbsp. (25g) – Crunchy peanut butter
- 2tbsp Milk (any milk will do, I use oat)
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp. Vanilla Extract
For the homemade chocolate:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 6tbsp. Cacao powder
- 4tbsp. Maple syrup
Note: if you want to skip this step you can melt ordinary chocolate but I prefer to make my own when possible. Plus, it is much more fun!
- Blend all crumb ingredients in a food processor until crumbly bit a little sticky (see picture for reference), then press firmly into a lined backing tray or silicone tray where they can be popped out.
- Set this aside in the freezer whilst you make your caramel
- Blend all caramel ingredients in the food processor. (Note: If you aren’t using sticky medjool dates you will need to soak your dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them up first. Discard of the water before blending with other ingredients).
- Remove your crumb from the freezer and carefully spread your caramel on top. It should make a nice thick layer!
- Pop this back into the freezer for at least 60 minutes to set nicely.
- After 60 minutes is up, start making your homemade chocolate 😀
- For your homemade chocolate you will need to melt your coconut oil first before mixing in the maple syrup and cacao. It will thicken up quickly so be warned. If it is too thick you can add more melted coconut oil.
- Once cool enough to handle, roll / cover nicely your mini caramel crumbles. It takes skills but is fun to do! Remember they are called Mini Caramel Crumbles for a reason, so handle with care! It is worth it in the end I promise you!
- Before popping in the fridge, add a sprinkling of sea salt on top.
Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the chocolate the set properly. The process can be sped up in the freezer if needed. They are then ready to enjoy!
Love, Nutrition and Cake x
Please tag us @nutritionandcake on Instagram when you create these yourselves! We love to see you creations.