Sugar-free scones which are dairy free and super easy to make.
This is such an easy and tasty recipe that is versatile to allow you freedom to create! The recipe is made vegan as Hannah is dairy-intolerant but you can easily swap out the dairy-free alternatives for cows milk products.
The scones are sugar-free to allow to freedom of choice for alternative ingredients. For example, if you want them to be savoury you can add in herbs and cheese. If you prefer a sweeter scones as we do, the sugary toppings will balance out the flavours.
Scones are very popular in the summer time and make a great addition to a cup of tea in the afternoon! If you aren’t British these can be mistaken for American “biscuits” but they’re slightly different 🙂 You don’t put gravy with these, but I am sure you will be aware of a British Scone and their addition to a “Cream Tea” or “High Tea”.
- Self-raising flour 500g
- Dairy-free spread 200g
- Milk (Oatly) 1/4 pint
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well with wooden spoon
- Once the dough has formed empty onto a floured work surface
- Roll the mixture out to around 1cm in thickness
- Using a circular cutter, cut out 8 rounds (which will create your scones) and place on a lined baking tray
- Using a pastry brush, brush each scone with milk
- Put in the oven for around 20 minutes until slightly golden
If you try any of our recipes remember to tag us @nutritionandcake on Instagram or use the hashtag #nutritionandcake ! Hope you enjoy 🙂