Truffle and Mushroom Pizza – A recipe that goes down an absolute treat!
The flavour of truffle can be hit or miss. It is a very strong flavour but goes a long way! The truffles themselves are very expensive to buy due to many different reasons. They are sniffed out by dogs and then dug up from the ground by hand. Part of the mushroom family, they are found by trees but more solid in texture. They also have truffle seasons!
The taste of truffle isn’t for everyone. However, truffle OIL is divine! Although it can be pricey to purchase, the flavour is like no other. In addition, you only need to use a very small amount for optimal flavour.
Truffle oil combined with some herbs and mushrooms make a great combination. Truffle oil is also a great addition to cheese sauces and cheese based recipes. If you haven’t tried it, you really should give it a go.
This pizza is so simple to make and goes down a treat. The shitake mushrooms add a great alternative texture and shouldn’t be left out. Serve the pizza with a crisp side salad to add in extra veggies to your meal.
This pizza is best combined with our thin and crispy pizza base recipe! Click the link to visit the recipe 🙂
- 2 x Pizza Base
- 2 handfuls Grated Mozzarella (can use vegan alternative)
- 6 x White mushrooms (regular)
- 6 x Shitake Mushrooms
- 0.5tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 2tbsp Truffle Oil
- Cracked pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan assisted (Gas 4)
- Chop your mushrooms and cook on medium heat with 1tbsp truffle oil, mixed herbs and cracked pepper.
- Once soft (approx. 3mins) remove from heat and put onto pizza base.
- Next, sprinkle over the mozarella, 1tbsp truffle oil and the garlic salt.
- Place into oven to cook for approx. 10 minutes. It might need an extra couple of minutes, just keep an eye out for when the cheese starts to golden.
- Ready to enjoy!
Easily a vegetarian or vegan meal, just adapt your version of cheese.
Best served with a fresh side salad to get more veggies in!
Feel free to have fun with the recipe, add more seasoning if preferred.
If you recreate any of our recipes, please tag us @nutritionandcake on Instagram! We love to see you creations 🙂 Hope you love it!